Skip to main content

Legal Eagle

I continue to learn so much throughout this publishing process. Once Omnific Publishing developmental editor Jessica Royer Ocken and managing editor Cindy Campbell finished meticulously editing each chapter, attorney/copy editor CJ Creel went over the manuscript with a fine-toothed gavel, highlighting several implausible aspects of my character’s crimes and sentences. Ruh-roh! Seems that I missed out on the pesky little issue of “criminal intent” for Sophie’s felony. I panicked at first but my Aunt Nancy’s calming words, “Set-backs can often represent good news” indeed came true. And my trusty legal advisor Nix came through with some great ideas for making changes. After reworking several scenes, I think the novel is better for it!

It looks like the release date will be sometime late June/early July. We’re inching ever closer!

Comments

Unknown said…
Yay! I'm "trusty"! (Give me your bank details! ;)

I'm glad that the novel is better for it. I would have panicked about having to make 'last minute' changes too!

I think that I like this Aunt Nancy... :) *wants one*
Jennifer Lane said…
Thank you for your comments, Nixy! You're trusty AND loyal!

But back off Aunt Nancy. She's mine! ;-)