Skip to main content

Three Daves by Nicki Elson!

Today I have a special guest, Nicki Elson, talking about her fun and sexy 80’s romp Three Daves. This novel has a beautiful new cover and we want to tell you all about the story! Take it away, Nicki:

ThreeDaves_450x679
Since the main character in my novel Three Daves is named Jen, I thought it would be fun to have three Jens host a guest post for each of the Daves. Lucky for me, I know three lovely Jens who readily agreed, including the darling Jennifer Lane. :) This Jen read Three Daves and posted a marvelous review a few months ago (you’ll note that I’ve gotten a rockin’ new book cover since then. :)). Thanks, Jen!

The first Dave we meet in the story is David, our sensitive loner. He’s Mr. Alternative and endears himself to Jen with mix tapes featuring bands such as The Cure, Echo and the Bunnymen, and The Replacements. He’s the one who rescued her from Top 100 bands like Hall & Oates and Wham (not that there’s anything wrong with that), and he’s the one she knew as a friend before they became something more.

As far as looks go, he’s your average looking dude on first glance. But the attraction grows the more you get to know him. Since Three Daves takes place on a 1980s college campus, I’m casting an imaginary movie with 1980s actors. From the bits and pieces I’ve told you of David, who do you think could’ve portrayed him best on the silver screen?

Here are my top three picks.
Matthew Broderick.
matthew
Ferris Bueller without the cockiness
Andrew McCarthy.
andrew-mccarthy
Blaine (Pretty in Pink) without the richy-rich snobbitude.
John Cusack.
surething2
His performance in The Sure Thing inspired me to name a teddy bear after him.
So, who would you pick?
In case you didn’t know, Omnific Publishing is having a Back-to-School Sale. Throughout September, Three Daves and other school-related titles are only only 99 cents in Kindle, Nook, eBook and ePub! If you’re a book reviewer in the U.S., you can sign up for the paper book tour hosted by A Tale of Many Reviews.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

You can meet Dave (#2) at Jen Daiker’s Unedited blog on Monday, Sept. 12 and Big D (#3) at Jennifer DeLucy’s blog on Wednesday, Sept. 14.

Time for the Omnific Blog Bounce. Go HERE for instructions.


Comments

Suze said…
Dude, John Cusack. Hands down. (Like, totally.)
Jennifer Lane said…
No way! I say Matthew Broderick. (Actually I love John Cusack too). Three excellent suggestions for David.
M Pax said…
I would pick Andre McCarthy. That hair. :D
Nicki Elson said…
Well didn't that work out conveniently---you can each have your own David with no fighting amongst you. ;) Thanks for stopping by, ladies, and thanks for having me by, Jen.
Jennifer Lane said…
That hair is something special, M Pax. So who out there wants to fight me for Matthew? When Ferris Bueller plays the clarinet(?) so horribly then looks at the camera and says "Never had one lesson!" that cracks me up every time. :D
Nicki Elson said…
I'll fight ya for Ferris, Jennifer! He's way too cute, and has aged very well. You just know he's a great kisser.
Cherie Colyer said…
I have to say John Cusack... totally fits the sensitive loner image. And he makes her a mixed tape. OMG, only the sweet guys did that. I love him already.
Jennifer Lane said…
Cherie, I'm with you. Mix tapes are the sweetest gift ever!
Michael Di Gesu said…
Hi, Jen,

Nice to meet you. What a fun post. I liked that you picked 80's actors.

I think Matthew Broderick would perfect in the role as the first Dave.

I hope you'll drop by my blog on the 19th when I host Nicki...