Skip to main content

Author Celebration! #IWSG

While all of us get mired in insecurities now and then, I think there's a lot to celebrate about being an author, like NEW RELEASES.

Our own Ninja Captain and creator of IWSG Alex J. Cavanaugh launched book three in his Cassa series: Cassa Storm!


We're proud of him for finishing his first series--what an accomplishment. Buy it HERE.

I love how my pub sister Nicki Elson challenges herself with new writing projects, like this zombie fairytale Hans & Greta, coming soon! Great job, Nicki.


Another talented pub sister Carol Oates designed that creepy cover. Well done, Carol!

Finally, I read a wonderful author blog post last month that I wanted to link to for the Insecure Writers Support Group, but alas, I can't find it now. The gist of the message was that your book might not be a best-seller...it might not receive critical acclaim...but it is YOUR story, and therefore it is important.

We write books the way only we know how -- each novel is a unique creation to celebrate. Sometimes we get wrapped up in comparing ourselves to others, instead of appreciating our special author voice and the opportunity to share that story with the world.

Speaking of unique, Nicki, Carol, and I have our leading men engaged in a Book Boyfriend SMACKDOWN (don't ask). If you have extra time *laughs* and want to vote for our guys, please hop over to Love Between the Sheets HERE.

Comments

Nicki Elson said…
Comparing to others is a dangerous/depressing road to take - there will always be someone kicking our arse. It's much more fun to applaud others' success instead of pressuring myself to have to achieve it.

Dang, I think I read that post too but cannot for the life of me think who wrote it...
Nicki Elson said…
P.S. Thanks for the mention!!! That was a very nice surprise. :)
Thanks, Jennifer! And Nicki's cover is just amazing.
It is indeed our story and only we can tell it. That is enough for me.
Stephen Tremp said…
I totally agree. I could not imagine laying on my death bed and wondering what could have been because I did not follow my dream and passion and write my books.