Skip to main content

#IWSG Is Your Writing a Dream?


Happy April to all writers!


Head on over to Alex Cavanaugh's blog to join us for the Insecure Writers Support Group.

After the publication of my 7th novel in October of 2016, I took a writing break to focus on my day job and other fun activities. But in March I jumped back into writing a romantic suspense I started in 2009: Twin Sacrifice.

Has a dream ever inspired your writing? As I mourned the end of my favorite TV show, Prison Break, in 2009, I had a dream about an alternate ending to the show. That dream inspired the plot of Twin Sacrifice.

Now I'm no longer in mourning, since Prison Break returns for a 5th season on April 4, yahooooo!

Wentworth Miller *swoons*

April IWSG Day Question: Have you taken advantage of the annual A to Z Challenge in terms of marketing, networking, publicity for your book? What were the results?

I did A to Z once (maybe 2012?) and it was fun but exhausting. Blogging was a more active world back then, and I post less frequently now. But it's still great to bond with writers in both A to Z and IWSG!
IWSG Co-Hosts:

I'll leave you with a marketing idea. The folks at USB Memory Direct sent me some cool flash drives with my book cover and website on them. I plan to load my ebooks and use them as giveaways. Check them out HERE. They even have a fun book-shaped flash drive.


Comments

Nicki Elson said…
Those flash drives are SO cool!

So did you enjoy the return of Prison Break? I KEEP forgetting to tell you that your boyfriend Wentworth showed up on a Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode - and he played a swimmer!

Ah yes, I remember the year you did A to Z - I think it was the same year we met for pizza w/ the Omnific crew because you didn't seem too happy w/ me for suggesting you join the challenge...heehee.

P.S. I'm 3 chapter into your PB-inspired story. Loving it even more than I did the first time. :)
That is cool!
Blogging isn't as active anymore, so fewer posts work.
Julie Flanders said…
The flash drives are awesome! What a great idea.
And my first book Polar Night came from a dream. Great that you are back to working on your "dream" book.
I never watched Prison Break but did read it was coming back. Enjoy the return!
Crystal Collier said…
Dreams... They're the reason I started writing. =) Honestly, the subconscious tends tends to be a hundred times more creative than the conscious mind.
Cherie Colyer said…
Those USB drives are cool!

Dreams have inspired my writing. Have fun writing your romantic suspense!
Juneta key said…
Congrats on your 7th release and starting a new book. Yes I have a very intricate dream I dreamed in my late twenties. I wrote it down and have always intended to go back and write the story. I have not had one quite as detailed since then, but I still remember it.
Happy IWSG day,
' Juneta @ Writer's Gambit