Skip to main content

#IWSG Writing Funk and Title Trouble


I love summer! I was so absorbed in summer goodness that I forgot to post for June's Insecure Writers Support Group yesterday, whoops.


Thank you to Alex Cavanaugh for his clever creation. Join us here.

I haven't written for six months and I'm wondering if my writing mojo will return. But I do still enjoy supporting fellow authors like Ellen Jacobson from The Cynical Sailor! Her cozy mystery, Murder at the Marina, is a cute hoot, and I'll post my review on 6/22/18.

IWSG June Question: What's harder for you to come up with, book titles or character names?

I gotta go with titles. I agonized over the title of my last novel though in the end it probably didn't matter much. For the most part I have a blast drumming up character names. I don't have children so the characters are my babies I get to name and hold and pet.

Make sure to visit these stellar co-hosts!

Beverly Stowe McClure, Tyrean Martinson, and Ellen @ The Cynical Sailor!

Comments

Books make much better children, don't they?
Looking forward to Ellen's book.
No worries about being a little late!
Natalie Aguirre said…
I really struggle with titles too. I don't write much and go through periods when I have no time. Hope you get back into your writing.
Thanks so much for the shout-out :-)

I just noticed the line above the comment box - "therapeutic responses" - so funny!
Julie Flanders said…
I feel sure you'll get your mojo back when the time is right. Sounds like now the important thing is just enjoying your summer!
I don't have kids either and feel the same about my character names! :D
williambli92982 said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.