Skip to main content

#IWSG Young Adult Romance Anthology MASQUERADE: ODDLY SUITED


Happy New Year to all writers!



I'm vacationing in Florida this week so I've abdicated all responsibility, including a timely post. Today we went to Universal and I walked 23,000 steps!

But I'm especially excited to share that my short story was selected for the next IWSG anthology, Masquerade: Oddly Suited

When I first learned of the anthology's young adult romance / masquerade theme, a vision of smoldering blue eyes behind a catcher's mask came to me. I built on that image to write a YA sports romance involving a baseball catcher and a softball pitcher.



Congratulations to all authors who submitted. Here's the list of titles for the anthology:  


Oddly Suited by LG Keltner
Sea of Sorrows by AV Brown
Behind the Catcher’s Mask by Jennifer Lane
A Diver’s Ball by Angela Brown
Fearless Heart by Deborah Solice
The Dark Charade by CD Gallant-King
The Cog Prince by Elizabeth Mueller
Flower of Ronda by Myles Christensen
Remedy by Chelsea Ballard
Charleston Masquerade by Carrie-Anne Brownian 

The top story has the honors of being included in the title. LG Keltner’s story came out on top! Way to go, LG.

A huge thank you goes out to the IWSG administrators and judges. I really appreciate your time.

Kelly Van Sant, agent at Red Sofa Literary Agency 
DL Hammons, Write Club founder
Gwen Gardner, author and previous IWSG anthology winner


Look for Masquerade: Oddly Suited late spring.

And thank you to our co-hosts this month:

Patricia Lynne, Lisa Buie-Collard, Kim Lajevardi, and Fundy Blue!

Comments

L.G. Keltner said…
It sounds like you're having a wonderful trip!

Congratulations on making it into the anthology, and I can't wait to read your story! I used to be a softball pitcher when I was younger, so the premise of your story speaks to me.
Nick Wilford said…
Congrats on the inclusion! It'll be a fantastic anthology.
The theme was right up your alley - well done.
And look at your rocking the steps!
Natalie Aguirre said…
Congrats on winning the anthology contest! And hope you're having a great time.
Jennifer Lane said…
LG, how cool you were a softball pitcher. Was that for fast-pitch? I played slow-pitch softball so I had to do a little research to represent the fast pitch world accurately.

Nick, thank you! I'm psyched.

Many thanks, Alex! Needless to say, I loved the theme.

Thank you, Natalie. The weather couldn't be better this trip.
Julie Flanders said…
Congratulations on making the anthology! That's fantastic. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
Congrats, fellow wiener! I made that joke for everyone else, so I had to make it here, too, sorry. :-P
L. Diane Wolfe said…
Congrats, Jennifer! Your story was charming. And tense.
Jennifer Lane said…
Hey, Julie! Florida is much better than Ohio this time of year. :-) Thank you.

CD, I learned that phrase "the blue" while watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (love that show). Happy to be in the anthology together!

L. Diane, thank you for judging and for that lovely compliment.
Angela Brown said…
Congratulations on being selected for the anthology. Looks like you crushed getting some great steps in and crushed it with your story.

Happy New Year!
Fundy Blue said…
Congratulations for landing your story in the anthology, Jennifer! I hope that you are proud as well as excited! What an accomplishment! I will look forward to reading your story and all the others selected. All the best to you in the coming year!
Jennifer Lane said…
Angela, I was tired the next day after all of those steps!

Fundy, excited and proud for sure. Hope your 2019 is off to a great start.
Anonymous said…
Have fun in Florida!
Congrats on your short story being selected for the IWSG anthology!
Yet another batch of great stories from our pool of talented IWSG authors!
Happy New Year!
Jennifer Lane said…
Patricia, Florida was a blast--I want to go back, especially when it's snowing like crazy in Ohio today.

Thank you, Michelle! I tried to leave a comment on the IWSG blog but I'm having problems commenting lately. Happy New Year to you.
Gina Gao said…
Congrats on your short story being chosen! All the best for the new year!

www.ficklemillennial.blogspot.com
Jennifer Lane said…
Thank you so much, Gina! *squishes you*